Name: Cassandra Wilkinson
BA (HONS) Fine Art, University of Lincoln. May 2010
BTEC National Diploma in Design : Grade Merit. North Lindsey College, Scunthorpe. June 2005
NCFE Certificate in Creative Craft : Level 2. North Lindsey College, Scunthorpe. August 2005
Forthcoming Group Exhibitions & Events
- The fantabulous travelling steampunk yarnbomb July onwards 2013
- Art Exhibition, Kirton in Lindsey Town Hall, 4th – 6th October 2013
Past Group Exhibitions
- Steampunk Steambear Exhibition, Weekend at the Asylum Steampunk Festival, Lincoln. Sept 2013
- The Fantabulous Travelling Steampunk Yarnbomb (community art piece), Various Locations, Stamford Steampunk Festival Aug 2013, Lincoln Sept 2013
- 20-21 Open Art & Sculpture Exhibition 2012, 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Scunthorpe
- Art Exhibition, Kirton Lindsey Town Hall, Sept 2012
- ‘Our Business is to be Utopian’, Milton Street Warehouse, Lincoln. 24th Feb – 2nd March 2012.
- 20-21 Open Art & Sculpture Exhibition 2011, 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Scunthorpe.
- In Vitro presents MELT: art exhibition. In Vitro Gallery, Lincoln. Jan – Feb 2011.
- ‘Untitled’, University of Lincoln Fine Art Degree Show. Greestone, Lincoln. May 2010.
- ‘Nacht Der Wunder’. Tithe Barn, Greestone, Lincoln. March 2010.
- University Group Mini Exhibition, Greestone, Lincoln.
- 20-21 Open Art & Sculpture Exhibition 2009, 20-21 Visual Arts Centre,Scunthorpe.
- University Group Exhibition, Tithe Barn, Greestone, Lincoln.
- ‘Time’ University Group Exhibition, Tithe Barn, Greestone, Lincoln.
- 20-21 Open Art & Sculpture Exhibition 2008, 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Scunthorpe. (Had two pieces on display in the exhibition)
- 20-21 Open Art & Sculpture Exhibition 2007, 20-21 Visual Arts Centre,Scunthorpe.
- The Postcard Show,Surface Gallery, Nottingham.
- 20-21 Open Art & Sculpture Exhibition 2006, 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Scunthorpe.
April 2010. 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Scunthorpe.
Green Man Ceramics: with artist Karen Raithby. Sculpted a mysterious green man decorative plaque from stoneware clay that was then fired and glazed. It’s also suitable for hanging outdoors.
March 2010. 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Scunthorpe.
Constructed Glass: with artist Gill Hobson. Learnt how to create decorative glass hangings using coloured flat glass, wirework and soldering using a range of techniques including glass cutting, wire manipulation, copper foiling, soldering and finishing.
November 2008. Ropewalk Gallery, Barton
Glass Fusing: with artist Hazel Burnham. Learnt how to cut glass safely and layer it with inclusion and colours to achieve various effects. Used two types of glass to get an understanding of the different visual qualities and effects that can be created with the different types.
October 2007. Ropewalk Gallery, Barton
PMC Jewellery Making: with artist Alex Hallowes. Learnt some basic information and techniques for using PMC (precious metal clay) to make simple jewellery pieces such as pendants, earrings and broaches.
- Had a stall at the ‘Ropewalk Christmas Art Market’, the Ropewalk Gallery, Barton. 3rd Dec 2012
- Took part in the Insight Open Studios event, Sept 2012
- Had a stall at the ‘Ropewalk Christmas Art Market’, the Ropewalk Gallery, Barton. 3rd Dec 2011
- Curated two university exhibitions as part of a group
- Part of an artist’s network group that puts on exhibitions and takes part in art related events
- Part of the marketing and promotion team for University degree show
- My design was chosen as a wall mural for the Brumby Community Centre while at North Lindsey College in 2003. As a class we scaled it up and painted the wall
- Word processing
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Can use the internet for research and networking
- Have knowledge of/know how to use social networking sites
- Took part in a 3 day film workshop at the Collection, Lincoln. Worked as part of a group of young people to script, direct and film a short 5 min film for on youtube that would encourage young people to visit local museums.
- Made Christmas craft and gift items which were donated to our university degree show fundraising stall. Also assisted on the stall helping customers, encouraging people to buy items and promoting our university as well as the degree show.
- Helped out the 3rd year Fine Art degree students at the University of Lincoln with setting up for their degree show. This involved doing basic things such as painting boards and plinths white, general tidying up and finishing of spaces, assisting with carrying, lifting and holding of items etc.
- Took part in some filming for a documentary on the Pilgrim Fathers by local film production team Blueprint: Film. There was opportunity to get involved with the editing side of film and to see how filming was done in general in regards to lighting, setting up scenes and props as well as a few other tricks of the trade.
- Assisted artist Tim Bryant with his installation at the exhibition ‘Fair Play’ at the Collection in Lincoln. Had to stand in a fun-fair type stall for a morning encouraging members of the public to take part in the game.